неделя, 27 януари 2013 г.

DmC: Devil May Cry

DmC: Devil May Cry
Introduction:
Despite the game being a reboot I’m going to avoid comparing it to the other Devil May Cry games. However there are some things which can not be overlooked even to the game is a reboot, but more on that later. Dante: The new way Dante looks is being considered by many as a, to put it shortly, bad choice from Ninja Theory. I don’t really agree with all this and here is why. First of all there is a huge difference between how the new Dante and the old Dante act. While the original son of Sparda was laid back, pizza loving, to cool to care kind of guy the new one is someone who is searching for his place in the world. I am going to try to keep this as short as possible. The new reincarnation of Dante is a teenager who had no memories of his childhood, who killed so that he could find his own way. He also joined street gangs and is a sexual deviant (How can we forget?). Can you imagine someone who has went through all of this to look any different then the presentation that Ninja Theory is giving us? Besides with a backstory and an appearance like this it leaves room for development for the next games, which is great considering that the continuity of the old DMC games was all over the place . The development of the character can be clearly seen through out the entire game. Example being his attitude towards everything in the beginning, which was “Why should I give a fuck?, and his attitude towards the end of the game. And lets not forget that moment when Kat was on her knees and the SWAT unit came in. That being said I’m going to talk about his twin Vergil.

Vergil:
Well they really shot their self in the knees when they made the changes for him. First of all the costume design is awful, especially the hat (I’m not going to go into details for obvious reasons). Next they made him weak. And by this I mean they made him look like a pussy. For some reason through out the entire game I felt like Vergil can not use the Yamato, the exclusion being the last 2 or 3 missions of the game. I did not like the idea of making Vergil the weaker of the twins. They changed his personality completely but that is to be expected, however I can clearly say that the old Vergil was the better one in every regard. While here Vergil is some guy with an awful style in clothing who has no sense of honor, the old one is the exact opposite, and he despises using guns which was a really nice touch for his character but I am not going to go there. Also the plot-twist at the end left a bad taste in my mouth. Main reason being that Vergil didn’t get any character development and I didn’t want it to end like this, but most of all because for some reason it felt out of place. 

Story:
Demons are taking over the world and humans are not aware of it. There is a resistance called “The Order” which is trying to stop them. Simple enough. It was interesting to see how things would develop and despite the plot twist at the end of the game I enjoyed the story. It also ends on an easy to pick up chapter, so the sequels story should be even better… I hope. Think of it this way the story in this DmC is a build up to the next.

Gameplay, Graphics, Sound and Enviroment :
What can I say? It is Devil may Cry. It is flashy, it is fun, it is challenging, it is smooth, it is beautiful etc. I am not that kind of guy who bitches about graphics most of the time, maybe that is way I was pleased with the graphics in the game so keep that in mind. As for the gameplay if you are familiar with the other DmC games you won’t be disappointed. The new weapons are original (to some extent) and fun to use. However the combo system is improved. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SSS RANKING AND SHIT FUCK THAT. By that I mean that combos have bigger windows and ninja theory made even jump-canceling easier, how about that shit right? This is by far the combo system with the most potential from all of the DMC games. There is no lock-on function but I did not find that problematic nor did I need it, although some people complained that it is missing. As for the enemies they are well demons and shit so no big deal here,.. there are enemies which shine blue and you have to attack with blue and the same thing with red so no big deal fo real [DONE]… The boss battles were original, maybe disappointing (last two bosses for me) at times but I still felt pleased when I finally was able to kill them, so they definitely did their job great. The level design was great and beautiful and had some of the most refreshing ideas I have seen in years, the game is worth playing just to see the whole levels. The soundtracks is gorgeous and fits the game perfectly. Noisia and Combichrist nailed it. Oh and before I forget the game runs smooth.

Conclusion:
The new DmC is underrated by the public reason being the redesign of Dante. The graphics and levels are gorgeous. The soundtrack is something I can listen to thought out the entire year. The gameplay is true to the DMC series, if not better. It is flawed however. Some characters get no development (I AM LOOKING AT YOU VERGIL*). At times it could get repetitive. But the main problem I have with the game is Vergil, he felt like a walking disappointment most of the time. Leaves on a kind of a cliffhanger.
 My Rating is 8/10 It is definitely a game you should at least playthrough once.
 *Vergil DLC should be coming soon, but since it’s not in the original game it doesn’t count :F.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар